A January re-cap.

As it's now February, I thought I'd start a little monthly post where I evaluate how I'm feeling, sounds a bit weird I know, but I thought It'd be interesting to see what different things I'm thinking, feeling, wanting or hoping for at different points throughout the year. Here goes...




READING


  • Hegarty on Creativity
  • The Outsiders
  • I heart New York
  • I'll take New York

WRITING

This blog post...duh.

LISTENING

I can't stop listening to James Bay and Years & Years. Really chilled out and great voices. 

THINKING

That the magpies today are giving me seriously mixed signals about how my day is gonna pan out. First one, then two then one again then two. ridiculous. For those who know the magpie rhyme, this is a confusing situation. I'm stumped.

SMELLING

The Body Shop Grapefruit body sorbet. This. Stuff. Is. AMAZING. I'd probably eat it if I could. Not gonna do that, don't fret.

WISHING

I was craving something other than chocolate, it's getting a bit out of hand, as in approaching an SOS situation.

HOPING

That we get more photography projects in my next Uni module, and that the film my sister and I are seeing tonight (WILD) is as good as we're expecting.

WEARING

Spotty socks, striped polo neck top, a roll neck chunky brown jumper and some once ripped black jeans which I've sewn up. It's not summer anymore Topshop, stop neglecting strips of my leg, they're getting chilly

WANTING

Some warm soup to fill ma belly, the heating in my sisters house to be a smidgen warmer, the sun to come out and basically anything regarding warmth. 

CONSIDERING

The next trip I'm going to make. Would really love to volunteer in india for a while over summer. 

MAKING

A schedule for creative projects. Going from creating outcomes every week to nothing is driving this lady a little crazy so I'd really like to start making and creating again.

EATING

Cheesecake and Onken yoghurts. Both my loves and my weaknesses. 

DRINKING

Peppermint tea, all day every day. I feel as though my blood is slowly turning into peppermint tea due to the sheer amount that I drink. Delicious and good for you, can't really complain.

WASTING

Too much time, pretty sure that's everyones problem right? It just goes so quickly. I've had a two week reading period and in all honesty, I could have been so much more productive with it. Shtoopid Alexa. 

ENJOYING

Films with Irish men in. Yes P.s I love you and Leap year, I'm talking to you. Swoon. *Book trip to Ireland and elope with a tall, hunky and bearded man.*

WAITING

For my new bank card to arrive, why do these things feel like they take forever to come.

PLANNING

My next trip visiting my brothers from other mothers.

FEELING

Happy, excited but a little uncertain with particular aspects of my life. I feel a change coming along and I don't know whether it'll be a good or bad one. Oh life, you tease.

KNOWING

That I really should start going to bed earlier, but there are too many good books to read and movies to watch. Life dilemmas. 

LOVING

My morning routine of making porridge and a mug of peppermint tea then sitting by the window as the morning light flickers through. All technology turned off and just being completely present for the first hour of awakening. Sure is nice.

NEEDING

A sign, anything at all, to tell me what I should do with certain things in my life. 
Share

9 comments:

  1. Im so excited your going to be reading The Outsiders, I based by blog title off of that book! http://anlsballerina-stayinggold.blogspot.hk
    Oh by the way, I am the one who emailed you for help, thanks again so much!
    xx Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate a lot to 'feeling' and 'needing'.
    Already sure I'm going to like these monthly posts!! It doesn't sound weird at all and I love to read this kind of posts.

    Lots of hugs, A
    myvolatilelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's brilliant isn't it, I'd been wanting to buy it for while but it's quite a pricey book. Well worth it though. Hope you're liking your blog layout, it looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Admila, I'm really happy that you like them, will try to keep them up for sure xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books really good if you're needing a bit of encouragement with creativity. Stay happy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness I am in love with your blog! It is so amazing and inspirational!
    Josi - http://classicsunday.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it now, thanks again so much! xx <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.