Road Trip Yearning.

Yearning
noun
  1. 1
    A feeling of intense longing for something.

    When I was twelve, I yearned for a mobile. When I was thirteen, I yearned for a boyfriend. When I was fourteen, I yearned to live in a city. When I was fifteen, I yearned to have a legal ID. When I was sixteen, I yearned to learn how to drive. When I was seventeen I yearned to go to University. Now I'm eighteen, turning nineteen, having ticked off all of these things, I now yearn to travel. I'm craving sunshine, mountain and ocean views and feeling the wind on my face whilst driving down open roads. I went surfing in an indoor wave flow house on Wednesday and so many surfers are planning their travels for the next year, as quite a few are graduating, booo. It's at this moment, when I think about what they'll see and do, that I really wish I'd taken a gap year. Although Uni is so much fun and I've met a clan of really great people, I constantly find myself thinking, 'I wonder what my life would be like if I wasn't at Uni, where would I be, who would I be meeting?' I guess it's one of those things that you can never really know but the curiosity burns within you. For now though, I'm looking at internships abroad and travelling for a few years after Uni. I guess I've got to stop yearning for the future or for new things and start doing them now. 

    Oh big, beautiful, crazy world, you are such a tease. 




Share

4 comments:

  1. jessisratherstrange .14 February 2015 at 06:59

    Wow! Love this post, I too yearn for a road trip . . . x


    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh TELL me about it! I don't think a day goes by when I'm not aching to travel. It sucks not having the money, or a car, or a drivers license. Sometimes I feel so completely stuck where I am. I hope we both find our freedom soon!

    x Erin
    www.thehalfwaypointblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a bum isn't it, why are there so many restrictions in life. Dreaming of throwing all possessions in a rucksack and jumping into an open top old fashioned jeep and driving down an open road with a funky mixtape playing and my hair blowing behind me, probably forming a major knot in it. Thanks for commenting Erin, always loving your stuff! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.