Personality types: It all clicks.








Hey there amigos, 

I've taken a little holiday from writing on this blog in the past few months. I did this for a few reasons but I'm back and plan to move onwards and upwards with it to the groovy place it can be. 

In the past 6 months, I've done a whole lot of feeling. I've felt such a whirlwind of emotions, some incredible highs and also some very burdensome lows. I'm usually a happy ball of boogying smiles, an optimist and an enthusiast, so when I feel a bit down, it really bugs me. It's been so easy to feel quite lost within myself, as if I'd lost my mojo. It would reach a point where I felt like I was trying to climb the walls of my mind to escape whatever rut I was in. I didn't get it, one moment I'd be boogying in my room and smiling from ear to ear, and the next I'd be sinking to the floor with tears cascading down my puffy cheeks. It's a feeling I can't really describe but I finally feel like I'm emerging out the other side and feel more balanced every day. I always think to myself, all you can do is trust that the journey is exactly as it needs to be. I believe everything happens for a reason and even if that's not true, it's sure nice to believe that all the small acts that you do, every path you choose is part of a bigger picture. 

That's the thing with me, I think so much and I feel so much all at once. My mind is like a burning supernova that lights up and has bursts of enthusiasm, creativity and passion but also contradicting emotions. I guess it's all part of being a sensitive being, and I'd rather be completely emotionally available and in touch with my feelings than block them out completely. I think it's sometimes healthy to go through these little life questioning moments, it's not easy, it's actually pretty scary but it's all been a process of trusting in my heart and my feelings, embracing change and just flowing with the winding, unpredictable yet beautiful thing we call life.

I'm still growing, constantly learning new things about myself and forever striving for self-improvement. I have a long way to go but I'm happy with where I am at the moment. I recently completed a personality test which turned out to be freakishly accurate. It made me feel suddenly grounded and at peace. That it's okay to feel things at 100% all of the time, it's okay to be a little weird and it's okay to take some time out for myself when I need to recharge. I would often find it really interesting how people react to different situations and couldn't understand why some people lash out at others or seemed to have such a pessimistic outlook on life. This test just opened my eyes up to the fact that I am who I am. Obviously, everyone is unique, we all have things that make our eyes light up and our hearts beat a little faster, just like we have things that make us a little pissed and on edge but it's nice to know that you're not the only one in the world that thinks in the  way that you do. If you'd like to take the personality test, click here!

My personality type was ENFP-A 'The Campaigner'. 

'The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd. Few personality types are as creative and charismatic as ENFPs. Known for their idealism and enthusiasm, ENFPs are good at dealing with unexpected challenges and brightening the lives of those around them. ENFPs' imagination is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth.'

I got really into it, and read the whole article, as well as doing some further research, all the while feeling an excitement in my heart like it was telling me 'yes Lex, this is it, this is you! You go girl.'  I found some images that were linked to my personality type and suddenly I knew why I could connect with them so much. 



- I think I've always been pretty good at 'letting shit go', I dont tend to hold grudges and tend to go with the 'ah well, it's not the end of the world' philospohy. 

 - This was at the top of the description for ENFP personality types and I can connect with it so much. Small talk is fine but when I get to know someone, I crave a deeper connection, I want to know what makes them tick, what makes their eyes light up, whether they're happy with where they are at in their lives and whether or not they are willing to change it. 






 - I always follow my gut and my heart. My brain sometimes tries to talk me out of some decisions but I think it's now given up due to my stubbornness in beleiving that everything happens for a reason. 





- I love getting to know people. I love it when you have a friendship which makes you smile even thinking about it. ENFP's are the least extroverted out of the group so although I like being social and with people, I really value solo time and genuinely enjoy my own company, solo boogying and building a little den of happiness in my room. 



- 'You're always haunted by the idea that you're wasting your life'. I feel so grateful to live the life I lead and be gifted with some of the opportunities and friendships that I have. I want to be able to lead a life that I'm truly happy with, I want to be able to enrich other people's lives and make them smile. I chose to follow a creative route as I knew that when I was creating I was in my happy place. I need to trust that I'm on the right path and to always be true to myself. I don;t want to go into a job just because of the money, I would a hundred times over rather do something I'm in love with for a little less money than do something I loathe for more. I think it's importatn to know the difference between living to work and working to live. 





- Apparently Anne Frank also had an ENFP personality, which is pretty interesting. I'm a happy person, an optimist, an enthusiast, a free spirit, a dreamer, a sensitive soul, independent to a fault, a sometimes overthinker, an occasional procrastinator, an attention span drifter and great boogier. I have a relatively clear idea of who I am, but I'm always searching for a deeper meaning in that, and that's okay, I'm still learning. 





So I guess the point of this is to just embrace who you are. These 'types' don't define you at all, but sometimes it's nice to know that what you're feeling is completely natural. That's not saying you should be mean to someone and blame it on your personality type, that's not okay. I think everyone should always strive to be the best version of themselves. Really, it's to make you embrace every emotion that's running through you and to maybe help you in working out why you're feeling it and if needs be, how to feel a little more groovy and a little less gloomy. 

If you want to read more about ENFP types, click here! Or to take the test, click here!
Let me know what you are, I'd love to know. 


Peace out,

Lex. 

Share

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.