Mood Boards

As a few of you already know, I'm studying Fashion communication & promotion at University. If you're wondering what that is, which trust me most people do, it's (in summary); a collective study of all of the arts which go on in the creative industry. From film, graphics, advertising, set design and illustration, it covers the lot. One thing we have been working on at the moment is colour stories and mood boards. This has definitely been my favourite topic so far as it's the first properly creative project we've had to do.

My colour story is all about colours from the earth. It involves a lot of greens, blues and browns.. typical Alexa. We had to gather a range of images and multimedia. I cut from magazines, illustrated on acetate paper and went scouring the park grounds for leaves and interesting twigs. In our seminar we had the task of using different compositional styles. Those being; grid, freeform, minimum and maximum to create different styles of mood boards.

I've always found making mood boards really therapeutic. You don't have to be a creative student to do this task either, all you need is some scissors, some paper and a selection of your favourite images. Play about with them, throw them around and see where your creativity takes you. You may end up making something you really like. So have a go, I'd love to see your creations.

If you fancy, upload a picture of your favourite mood boards to Instagram, and tag me in them (alexayo), I'd love to check them out. 

Here are a few of my own which I made, tell me what you think in the comments below.







#FCPreflection
Share

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love these. You are incredibly talented !! Hope to see more. :)

    ~ Lu
    xx
    http://littlestepsbigheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovely, that's really nice of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!
    Laura x

    www.cathaura.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.