Travel Diaries: London Day 2






Eyup m'ducks! I've combined two days into one in this post as I thought there wasn't much point spreading it out. I got up pretty early as I really wanted to beat most of the mayhem on Portobello market then head out to Kings road & Oxford street for some retail therapy (oops). If you're in London at the weekend, definitely check out Portobello market, it's an absolute haven for funky antiques, sweet jewellery and heavenly food. 



- How AMAZING does this look, it tasted just as good as it looks, if not better. -




- I couldn't risk. Everyones allowed a cheat meal/day/week/month right? -




- As Free People opened their first UK pop up store on this day I thought It'd be appropriate to wear my favourite FP dress. It was handmade in Bali and each one is a little different. It's absolutely beautiful but you do have to wear something under it. Over the top I wore one of my favourite items of clothing which is a Spell & the gypsy collective kimono. So much love for this thing. -




- Walking to Notting Hill Gate tube station and spotted this funky cafe. How cool are these tiles! -




- I didn't manage to snap any photos in the actual Free People pop up store because I was too bust chatting to the FP girls, who were lovely. However managed to snap some pics in Anthropologie, their sister brand which was right next door. Really wanted to purchase a flamingo head but just couldn't fit it in my luggage, goddarnit. -




- URBN interiors are so beaut it makes my heart melt. -




- I then headed over to the Saatchi gallery which had some funky pieces in. Sometimes I don't really 'get' modern art but then other times it's meaning really clicks with me. -




- I love colourful, abstract pieces, so this collection was a hit. -




- This was by far my favourite piece, I spent a solid fifteen minutes just staring at it. -




- Grey haired lady not included in exhibition. -




- The visual merchandising in the Harrods windows is seriously fab at the moment. There's an overriding motif of 'movement' behind each display space and each one is different from the next and even more interesting. -




- SO cool, ammiright? -




- Oxford Street beckoned and my favourite store sucked me in, screw you Urban Outfitters with you delicious decor and products. I got some underwear and a book and couldn't help admire the hanging pot plants from the ceiling at the checkout. Oh you funky chaps. -




- Handmade Balinese FP dress with the scruffiest of shoes. Contrasts. -




- Strolling back to the Notting Hill flat through Kensington and admiring all the lovely architecture. -




- So prettyyyyy. I imagine my more lavish future self eating macaroons whilst dangling my feet out of my huge bay window wearing my Sophia Webster's and listening to some french jazz. Oh what a life I'd lead -




- finishing my day off with a green tea, comfy Calvin Klein's and Elle magazine. LOVELY. -


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.