New York 2015

It's accurate to say that I've had a pretty jammy start to 2015 with a trip to New York already under my belt. I returned back to Nottingham from Northumberland on the 3rd then flew to NYC on the 5th for a week. I hadn't anticipated just how cold it was going to be in the big apple but I can honestly say that I felt frost form on my cheeks more than once. Walking around in jeans and a coat but feeling like you should be decked out in full ski attire is not an entirely pleasant feeling. Never ever again will I complain about the cold in England. Nevertheless, the whole week was a bunch of fun, we basically explored for hours on end and even that wasn't enough to cover everything, in fact I feel as if we just covered a tiny pip of the big apple, its so enormous. I spent the week with my course friends, Ella, Jade, Rhianna and Zoe, who are all equally hilarious and lovely. I shared a double bed with Ella, and let me tell you, never before have a worried someone was dead or alive in their sleep before. This girl does not move a muscle, breathe, snore or make any kind of sound in general. 

We did most of the typical tourist things like visit Times square, which I must say I was disappointed to find out isn't actually shaped as a square. We went to the top of the rock which was amazing,  Central Park, shopping on fifth avenue, countless trips to Starbucks (these things are EVERYWHERE) , grand central station, Chrysler building, NY public library... you get the jist.

A few things I learnt in NYC were:

1. These guys live for wifi, it's everywhere. cafe's seemed to be a wifi hotspot rather than an social-real-life-human-connectivity hotspot. Which was kinda sad to see.

2. New York is absolutely huge.

3. Navigating your way around NY is a lot easier than in London.

4. Hailing a cab is a lot harder than it looks on films. 

5. Hearing the NY accent was funnier than I expected.

6. Tax is put on everything, which always snook up on us.

7. Each Neighbourhood has a different vibe, I love that. 

8. Tipping seriously adds to a restaurant bill. 

9. There are A LOT of fast food places. NY pizzas are flipping huge.

10. New York is breath taking from above.

11. Starbucks are everywhere. Which was pretty handy when we needed to warm up after walking to different places. 

12. New York is amazing, it's magical, busy, mysterious and grabs your heart like there's no tomorrow. 


I'd love to go back in warmer weather and explore the areas which I didn't get to go to. If you get the chance, definitely visit the big apple, you won't regret it. 

Here are a few pictures of my trip, enjoy...


- Flying over NYC and getting this view from the plane, magical. -


- First day snowing in NYC -


- Being in heaven in the Urban Outfitters huge book section. -


- Warming up and chilling in UO -


- Trying and failing at getting a jumping photo in front of this USA flag in Times Square. -


- Exploring Manhattan with Ella, St.Patricks cathedral was incredible. -


- Getting copious amount of pizza for us to eat for dinner. -


- ridiculously huge pizzas, we only managed 2 slices each then we were stuffed. -


- Ella showing the love between us. -

  
- Outside NY public library. -


- Inside NY public library. This place is massive. -


- View from the top of Rockefeller centre and then on the subway which we went on later. -


 - Me overlooking Manhattan from above. -


- Subway. -


- Greenwich village exploring. -





- Paying our respects at the 9/11 memorial. -


- Visiting moods, which is where they film Project Runway. It was massive. -


 - Ice skating in Bryant Park and views from the streets. -



- Me overlooking Times Square. -


 - Ella getting a bite to eat. Jade calling a cab to take us to a comedy evening. -


- Me overlooking Manhattan streets -


- New York central station. -


- Buddies: Ella, Rhianna, Zoe, Jade and I. -


 - Views from Central Park. -


- the three amigos. -


- By the way, I cut my fringe in before I left, hehe. -


- flying back to the UK after a week of fun, deeper friendships, laughter and a lot of walking. - 



Share

2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.