2014, what a year you have been.

Oh 2014, you've been a roller coaster, and a completely insane one at that. I feel as though so many momentous occasions have happened this year in my life, which is pretty cool. I remember having a feeling this time last year, that 2014 was going to be my best year yet, and it absolutely was. I couldn't choose just one image to represent the year so I've put together a few images of moments which have stuck with me. So from left to right, they aren't all in the right order...oopsies. 


1. Going out in Newcastle for the first time. 
2. One Big Friday, our last day of High school
3. Performing 'pronoun' with some of my best buds..
4. Turning 18 and throwing one of the funniest parties I've ever experienced.
5. Passing my driving test and taking to the roads.
6. Photo day of our last year.
7. One of the best days of my life, with 4 of my best friends.
8. Going on so many funny road trips with my childhood friends. playing hide and seek in rape seed fields, beach trips and just laughing non stop. 
9. Celebrating so many 18th birthdays and getting drunk probably too often. 


10. Completing A level and As Photography in one year and getting an A. Wooptewoop.
11. Exploring new areas of creativity in my brain and trying new art forms and becoming more dedicated to alexasimagination.
12. Taking St. Lucia by storm with the Boldy massive. One of the best holidays of my life.
13. Leavers Dinner, the last time my whole school year were together. A pretty sweet night.
14. Secret Garden Party, hands down the best festival I've EVER been to. So good.
15. The year I've become really comfortable with my skin and wearing no makeup at all.
16. Getting our A-level results and both (Ben and I) getting into the Uni's of our choice. 
17. A goat ran away from the nearby farm, mum and I looked after it. This was one of those random and odly hilarious days.
18. Going on so many adventures and fully appreciating the place I call home.



19. Camping in the van with Ben. It was freezing cold outside but we made the van so cozy that I had one of the best sleeps of my life in it. 
20. Becoming really conscious of choosing the right food choices and exploring with new healthy foods.
21. Moving to Nottingham for University.
22. Moving into a flat of 11 people and loving each one of them. 
23. Learning to cook/ clean/ wash my clothes myself.
24. Celebrating 2 years with Ben, despite being at different Universities. 
25. Going on Uni trips like the Surf trip to Newquay and meeting so many sweet friends.
26. The Numerous society nights with Abbie, walking through Notts each Wednesday in different fancy dress. 
27. Experiencing home sickness pretty bad and craving some countryside.


28. Going to London with my course friends. I've only known them for a few months but already know they will be my best friends at graduation. Don't think I could've survived some of first term without Ella.
29. Trent snow sports pre-trip party. Getting wavy and looking forward to Val Thorens.
30. Having an absolutely insane week in Val T, full of so much laughter, too much alcohol and new friends.
31. Learning how to snowboard. Always wanted to do it so  instead of picking up my ski's I just thought 'why not' and gave snowboarding a go for the week.
32. Coming back home to Northumberland and seeing my best friends who I hadn't seen for 3 months.
33. Being at home with Ben and being two loons in the countryside again.
34. Continuing Christmas traditions at home.
35. Celebrating Christmas with my family and having such a lovely time.
36. Going on numerous hikes in my area, appreciating where I live and realising there truly is no place like home.

Altogether a pretty sick year for this little lady.
 I hope everyone has a wonderful 2015 and goes into it with a bang.

Peace out.
Alexa

All the images are from my instagram, so if you'd like to keep up with me or whatever, then my username is @alexayo.
Share

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved this post - found it so interesting. You seem to have such a gorgeous, adventurous and free-spirited life.

    Also, I may have to nick this Instagram-esque idea - it's such a good simplistic way of representing your year... sometimes pictures speak louder than words!

    Love, Lucy
    www.farawaylucy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thank you Lucy, that's really nice of you.
    Yeah definitely do that, i used the app 'PhotoCollage' which was pretty good :)
    Have an awesome New Year Lucy
    Love Alexa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest post with the cutest little mention <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 2014 seemed like a really great year. I wish you a better 2015! I love that camping in the van photo the most.

    https://annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne, 2014 was really awesome so I also hope 2015 is full of surprises. Thank you, that was a really sick day, you can never go wrong with a bit of camping xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.