Detox Smoothie: Leader Natural Food sachets.

I wanted to pack relatively light when coming home from Uni for Christmas as I didn't want to have to haul everything back into my Uni room in January. I packed the minimal essentials and one thing I didn't pack was my blender and various superfood powders like wheatgrass, acai etc. So the days after Christmas, when my body is feeling a bit like a bloated blob, I really regret the decision of not bringing them. I went and bought these Leader Natural Foods superfood smoothie sachets as an effort to get some extra nutrients into my smoothies. I did a bit of research on them on the Natural Foods website and found this:

“All-in-one” Superfood Smoothies are made from the pure and natural ingredients and packed in portion bags, which make them easy to carry along, prepare at work or leisure activities, or while travelling. Each of the four different Superfood Smoothies contain a balanced mix of essential dietary components like herbs, fruits and vegetables. Leader`s Superfood Smoothies are providing an unique and healthy concept with great taste to supplement your daily diet with energy and many proactive nutrients.

I thought why not try one out today. I bought the Detox, balance and Energise sachets as I thought they were probably what I'd need most after stuffing my face with Christmas Dinner. If you're wondering about price, there isn't that much product int eh sachets so compared to the big bags you get in the lies of Holland & Barrett, these are super cheap. I'm talking around the £2 mark.



-  I'm going to be trying each one in a different post, but firstly I thought I'd give the detox smoothie a go.


- Pretty simple to use, simply put 1-3 teaspoons of the powder in a cup.


- Then mix this thoroughly (I put it in a shaker) and try it. I personally really didn't like the taste of this one  with water alone so thought I'd put it in a smoothie as I'd still get all the benefits on the powder.


- I added bananas, blueberries and frozen raspberries into my mums blender.


- After blending to a smooth consistency, add it to a cup. I put some mint in with it and sprinkled chia seeds on the top.  yum-scrum-a-lumlum!
Share

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get these? I got addicted to them in Sweden, but I can't find them in the UK! Thanks a lot for your help :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked them up in super drug actually. Oh really, how did you sue them because I'm struggling to get into them but don't want them to go to waste haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks, I ordered them on their website, my local one didn't have them.

    I love the taste of them, but one thing I found odd in your pist is you say mix 1-3 tsp. Mine used the whole pack, mixed with 20cl water + ice in a shaker and it made a delicious, thick smoothie. The pic makes it look quite watery, maybe that's the problem? I never tried the Energy one, but the raw cocoa one was awesome with hazelnut milk (not sold by superdrug unfortunately), and half water half dairy free milk with the berry pack. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.