Spring-a-ling


I love spring.
I love to say hello to the sun more often and see flowers bloom in the garden. I love seeing newly born lambs playing in the fields and feel the temperature in the air begin to rise. The spring season naturally brings about feelings of freshness, it's a new start, a rebirth.

To mark this, I've picked out three small things which I'd like to alter in my life, in the way that I feel or in the way that I see. 

1. Embrace your passion

I have notebooks upon notebooks filled to the brim with ideas, materials and objects which I like to flick through when the flow of inspiration is running low. I've noticed that I've gradually stopped filling them as much recently because I 'haven't had the time', which we all know is just an excuse. 

I used to make things all the time, be it giant crescent moons, or oversized spiders, making and creating have been my friends ever since I was small. I'm going to ease myself back into doing these things because they brought me so much joy and keep my mind at ease.

2. Find time for yourself

There's no doubt that A-levels are demanding, I seem to never have nothing to do which is both good and bad. Good because I'm kept busy and active, however bad because I sometimes don't take time out to do the things I enjoy. I love reading, and I realised I haven't actually read a proper book in what feels like months, so I've selected a few to try get through this season. 

The warm weather makes me want to go exploring outside so much more, I realised that I have lived in the same home for 16 years yet there are some places I haven't even ventured to...guess it's time to change that too. 

3. Maintain a positive outlook

Exam period is quickly approaching, even the sound of it brings a shiver down my spine. During my school life, I've really struggled with stress, especially during exams. I think I've learnt to manage this by making sure I maintain an even balance between school work/social life and personal time. Meditating and bits of yoga have really helped too, so hopefully exam time will fly by in a flutter of an eyelid. 




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.