Spontaneous Adventures

I'm very lucky to have such wonderful people in my life that I have the pleasure of calling my friends.  I realised that I was spending more time thinking about things to do or places to go with them rather than actually doing them, something that I'm sure we all fall victim to. 

I came across this picture which was taken in the summer of 2013 with an old disposable camera. That night the sun was shining, we had music playing and we were so happy and spontaneous. As Emily and I looked through these pictures, we realised that we'd stopped being so adventurous, so decided to do some crafty work to change this. 



We wrote about 100 ideas and adventures on a sheet of paper, cut them out, folded them up and stuck them in an old pick & mix bag and then taped it onto my wall. We decided that each week or so, we would pick one out, spread the word and do it, no questions asked and no excuses. 



This weeks was 'sleepover with a midnight mission'. With some of us round at my house, we played hide and seek and other silly games, then picked out another as we had time to waste. This was 'go on a walk or hike', so we hiked up a path to a huge stone in my village with a tub of ice cream and four spoons in a bag. 



As we sat on the top of the stone eating ice cream, I realised how lucky I am to have these people in my life. We walked down to the lake, wading through heather and leaping from rock to rock. We watched the sun go down in the distance, then ran through the woods, trudged through mud and fell over numerous times in almost pitch black whilst laughing the whole time. 


Back home, we put music on and displayed some of the most tragic/majestic dance moves to be ever seen by human eyes. At midnight, we took warm blankets outside and fell asleep under the stars on my trampoline. 

I truly believe that it's not where you are that matters but who you're with, so to be able to spend so much time with such loving and truly beautiful friends is unbeatable. 

I'd really recommend making an adventure list, as I cannot wait to complete the rest. 

Peace  x






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.