Embrace your quirks

'Alexa you're actually so strange', is something I've heard really quite often throughout my life. However I've never really taken offence by it. Surely it's a good thing to be strange, different, original instead of just another copy on the shelf. There's only a few things which are important to my personality, those are to be kind, generous, helpful, calm and happy. We had a lecture last week about sustainable fashion and a debate on whether the industry does more damage than good. When planning for the debate I was sat on a big table of people my age and it absolutely astounded me that so many of them were so body conscious, so ashamed of how they looked and wished so badly they could change it. 

I have wonky eyes, they are different shapes.
One nostril is bigger than the other.
My hair sometimes goes ginger in the sun.
My eyebrows are different shapes.
My lips are different shapes on each side of my face.
My butt never stays toned.
My knees look like a disfigured mr beans face.
My hair is quite flat sometimes.
My nose is quite big.
I have a really pointy chin.
I have fat grandad hands.
My nails are really short.
I get really freckly in the sun.
I never tan.

But you know what, I don't really care, I've learnt to love and accept myself as a human being. Quirks make people interesting. The things which I once thought were massive flaws are just little things which make me, me. 

I know that it's really difficult to love the way you look and I will admit that it is something I'm working on, however I'll always believe that beauty is within the eye of the beholder and It is best served from within. So many of us are very lucky to live the life we lead and we cannot let little things like bothering about how big your nose is alter our outlook on life and how much we enjoy ourselves as thats just silly. 

Accept your quirks, learn to like them, know that you look the way you do for a reason and everyone is georgeeousss in their own way. 


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.