Freshers Flu: How to survive it


Incase some of you aren't aware, I am now officially an undergraduate at University. I can also now say that I have officially survived freshers week. If any of you don't know what freshers week is, It's basically a week of parties, alcohol, meeting people and in general having a bunch 'a' fun. However now that the week is over, lectures have now started and I can honestly say that I have never heard so much coughing/sneezing or snivelling in my entire life. It's safe to say that the dreaded freshers flu has taken over. I haven't been able to completely avoid it either, with the chesty cough here, there and everywhere, it's pretty hard not to catch it. 

I've gathered together a few tips and tricks to help you avoid freshers flu, or send you on a speedy recovery if you're dealing with it. If you have any questions about University, or want to know a bit more about freshers week, then you can either comment below or send me an email (alexa.boldy@yahoo.com), and I'll reply as quickly as I possibly can :)


Freshers Flu is technically not classed as a 'flu', its just a really bad cold. Most students get it from: 

Mingling- meeting other people with viruses you amy not be immune to. 

Lack of sleep- I pretty much went to bed later than 4am every time I went out, which isn't great on the body.

Eating bad food- Junk food isn't gong to supply your body with the nutrients and vitamins you need to get on the mend.

Alcohol- believe it or not drinking bucket loads isn't actually going to strengthen your immune system. 

Stress- moving out of your home can be really stressful and you'll no doubt feel home sick, stress can have serious effects on the body.


Top Tips to surviving freshers flu:

1.  Eat Healthily. Making healthy meals at Uni really isn't as hard as some may think, and it'll do your mind and body a world of good. Oranges are especially good as they're full of Vitamin C, not to mention they are delicious. 

2. Drink water like it's your best pal. Seriously, drink that shit, water is like liquid gold.

3. Take some multivitamins. These will help your body recover a lil' bit quicker.

4. Get some darn sleep. After a week of late nights, your body deserves a rest so take it to bed a little earlier than usual and you'll thank me in the morning.

5. Exercise. Go outdoors, explore your new city, don't stay in your room like a hermit. 

6. Man/Woman up. Just grin and bear it dudes. 


If you've just started uni, or are starting any time soon, or have even been at uni for years, let me know how your freshers week was and how you overcame freshers flu!

Peace out, 
Alexa.


#FCPreflection








Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.