My Favourite Beauty Products






I'll admit it, I am a superdrug junkie. I am such a victim to buying health & beauty products. Saying that, I'd call myself a pretty low maintenance girl, I go make-up free most days but when I want to look glam, I go all out and there's no stopping me. When it comes to my skin and beauty regime, I switch between doing nothing at all to a thorough cleanse. These are my favourite products and are the ones that I'd choose to repurchase. So let's start from the top shall we sistas?

1. Cleansing wand.

Ok so that's not it's actual name and I was't really sure what to call it. I picked this up from TKmaxx for about £3 and I'd say it's really made a difference. I am constantly using my hands throughout the day, picking stuff up, touching different surfaces and generally gathering germs on them (lush). Basically its a silicon sponge on one side and brush bristles on the other. It just means that you can give your face a really thorough clean and not risk getting dirt in your pores from unclean hands. Plus your skin feels amazing afterwards. 

2. Vaseline

Aaaah good old vaseline lip balm, what would we do without it? I for one feel really weird if I go to bed without vaseline on my lips as I wake up and they resemble the Sahara desert. Not a good look, I'm telling you now.

3. Elemis herbal lavender repair mask.

Last summer I went to St.Lucia with my family, we stayed at The Body Holiday resort which was absolute heaven. Sun shining every hour, warm ocean, amazing food and also daily massages, oh yeah thats right. The main products that they used in the treatment rooms were by Elemis, so mum treated Cesca and I to some skincare products. Elemis can be pretty expensive but they're really high quality products so I guess you could say that you get what you pay for. One of the products I chose was the repair mask, it's basically an exfoliating face mask. It smells lovely and my skin always feels amazing afterwards. 

4. Body shop mango mist.

Oh my god, this stuff is like liquid gold to the nostrils. Seriously, take a whiff of this stuff and you're in heaven. Mangos are my weakness so this was a natural choice for me. I'm not a massive perfume wearer and feel like a lot of fragrances smell pretty similar and just in general really similar. that's why I tend to opt for something lighter and fruitier. 

5. Simple hydrating light moisturiser.

If I had to choose one product that I couldn't live without, it'd probably be this one. I'm a big fan of simple products as they just seem to work well with my skin. The moisturiser is light but works wonders. I wouldn't use another type. 

6. Barry M Kohl pencil Gold

SO NICE! I find that black eyeliners make my eyes look to small and in most cases a black eyeliner is just too dramatic for me. This colour makes the green in my hazel eyes pop out and just makes them look extra sparkly and lovely. If you're looking for a softer eyeliner colour alternative, I's definitely recommend this colour. 

7. Tea Tree peel of face mask.

I'm a once a week face mask kinda gal and also a bit of a Tea Tree freak, so this was a natural choice. Perfect for when you want to give your skin a bit of a pick-me-up.

8. Body Shop tea tree blemish fade lotion.

This is a product which I've used before and come back to. It's really cooling and fresh and it's perfect for when you want to give your skin a bit of a boost.

9. Simple kind to skin cleansing wipes.

I am a loyal fan of these wipes. I love the texture they have as it just feels like they actually clean my skin instead of just wiping my makeup off. They also don't dry my skin at all so that's a massive bonus. 

10. Topshop Eyeshadow.

I'm not entirely sure on the specific name of this product but I got it from Topshop and I know that there are three distinct colours you can choose from. This is one of my favourites and it's absolutely gorgeous on. I feel like hazel/green eyes really suit cranberry and gold colours so It's my go to eyeshadow for a night out.

11. Benefit Roller Lash mascara 

I often think that Benefit products are a little bit overpriced but I can honestly say that this mascara is SO worth it. It really grabs the lashes and lifts them up but doesn't come out too thick or clumpy. A definite must have in my makeup bag. 

12. Body Shop tea tree foaming cleanser.

You can probably tell by now that I'm a bit of a fan of the Body Shops tea tree range. This cleanser is such a god-sent  it feels as though I've had a facial after every use and it's one of the only cleansers I've tried that never makes my skin dry. 

13. Neal's Yard rosemary & cedar-wood hair treatment.

In the summer months, my hair tends to get a bit dry at the ends. My mother dearest bought this for me and it's been perfect when I want to refresh my hair and replenish the dry ends to get it's mojo back.


So that's it chaps, I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you have any questions about any of the products or would like to recommend any of your favourites then my ears are wide open.

Peace & Love,

Alexa 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.